|THE DOBERMANN CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW|
Saturday, 26 May 2007
My thanks to all for the invitation, the entry and the lovely gift I was given, the venue is very good and I enjoyed my day.
I thought back ends were much improved with many more dogs using their hocks to provide drive. Fronts still have problems but not as many as I have seen in the past. Only a handful were pinning-in and a few were wide. Heads were pleasing in the majority as was muscle tone, bone and tight feet. Presentation in all but a couple was good and temperaments were first class.
I was very pleased with my winners and I later learned my CC winner was made up today and my RCC already has 2 CC's to his credit, which does not surprise me at all. I would also mention my Yearling winner who shows much promise.
Please click on the images below to enlarge:
VETERAN (4 - 1 Absent)
1. Matthews' CH OTHERTON'S COUNTRY GENT. 9½ year Brown. Good outline and very well muscled, correct bone, tight feet and well angulated and balanced. Still moves in a positive manner in all directions. Lovely head.
2. Crème's IZRALIGHT FRED ASTAIRE. 7½ year Black. Again good bone and muscle, essential in a working dog. Nice head with good eye and ear placement. Again, looked the part moving.
3. Irving's AMAZON LIVE 'N' LET DIE AT BOUDICCAS.
MINOR PUPPY (8 - 2 Absent)
1. Hopkinson's OTAGO KINAKI. Best Puppy. 6 month Black loved his head and body shape, balance and angulation, correct for age. Super dark eyes and moved just as one would expect.
2. Ingram & Norcliffe's JOJAVIK PICKPOCKET. 6 month Brown smaller cast than one but a lot to like. Again correct for age and a lovely puppy.
3. Evans, Butler & Byrne's AMAZON TALK OF THE DEVIL.
PUPPY (6 - 1 Absent)
1. Horton's MORGANBURY ABBAS FILLIUS. I loved this one on the move, only 11 months on the day but so positive. Good body with well toned muscle and angulation balanced. Very good head with good planes and expression.
2. Feeney's DIEGO'S BUMP 'N' GRIND. Similar characteristics to 1, again he looked good both standing and moving. Well balanced and good muscle and a nice well proportioned head.
3. Holmes & Holmes' SIBOVELD'S SOPRANO.
JUNIOR (7 - 0 Absent)
1. Aley's MEMPHIS DREEMACHINE. Well bodied young man with good structure and angulation. Good head and expression, nice dark eye. Moved with nice drive and forward reach. Super temperament.
2. Milne & Williams' LIEBWACHE AL CAPONE. Only just over 12 months but what a super baby. Well balanced for age with ample muscle and a lovely head. He moved with positive stride and free standing made the most of himself.
3. Mayhew & Witts' BOHEMEANNS HALLUCINATIONS.
YEARLING (9 - 0 Absent)
1. Crème's IZRALIGHT NEW YEAR DREAM. Nice sized dog, well balanced throughout with good angulation and muscle tone. Moved with purpose and I liked his head and expression.
2. Gabb & Stevens' JOJAVIK THE GIGLIO. Loved his outline and muscle. Angulation correct for 18 months. Quite positive in front and nice drive behind. Good head planes with lovely dark eye and well set ears.
3. Cox & Evans' AMAZON CRUISE CONTROL FOR MARTONBURG.
NOVICE (6 - 2 Absent)
1. Evans, Butler & Byrne's AMAZON TALK OF THE DEVIL. Upstanding Brown well muscled and angulated. Size looked better here than in puppy and he moved well, particularly behind when settled.
2. Crick's FLEXOR END AS A MAN. Unplaced in puppy but he moved much better here and used his hocks to drive away which he did not do earlier.
3. Cammoile's NEARCTIC CORNELIUS FUDGE OF SHAGRAAN.
UNDERGRADUATE (4 - 1 Absent)
1. Evans' DRIFTLANDS MR BOJANGLES. VHC in the strong Yearling class but much more settled here and moved more positively. Handsome fellow.
2. Downie's KNECHT ALDO. Another upstanding Black with nice angulation and good muscle. Liked his overall shape and nice head. Covered the ground on the move.
3. Willis' TAZOKHA SKYS THE LIMIT.
POST GRADUATE (12 - 2 Absent)
1. Hopkinson's OTAGO RUNANGA. Super Brown who looks the part. Correct balance, good angulation, enough body with good muscle tone. Good tight feet and he moved so well in all directions, just had to win the class and all topped off with a good masculine well proportioned head.
2. Elliott's TUWIN REDDY TO RUMBLE. Black, again overall shape, muscle and balance was lovely. Good feet, a must for a worker and again a super well proportioned head. On the move just not quite as positive as 1 behind today but the long grass didn't help.
3. Walters' LODGEHOUSE BRAVE SPIRIT AT CHESSURI.
LIMIT (11 - 1 Absent)
1. Evans & Byrne's AMAZON COLDPLAY. CC. Super 20 month Black. Loved his outline, a balance which showed when he moved with purposeful stride and used his hocks to provide necessary drive. Very good head with balanced planes and good expression.
2. Mycroft's SUPET'A WICKED WIZARD AT SONAKINT. Another strong dog with a good head and body. Became a little unsettled on the move due to a distraction from another dog.
3. Andrews & Rickard's LOCKSTOCK KNIGHT STAR.
OPEN (18 - 3 Absent)
1. Thorne's SIBOVELD'S SAURON AT ROCKSANDS. Smart boy with good balance all through, lovely masculine head but not overdone and he used his hocks on the move to provide good drive from the rear coupled with forward reach and he looked good in profile too. RCC
2. Evans & Rome's CH AMAZON BLACK SABBATH AT PURROMA JW. I believe I judged this dog as a puppy and I still like all his qualities. He is super but today I did not feel he moved as free as he probably can, so had to settle for second place.
3. Campbell's KRIEGER ENDURANCE.
Christina Chapman - Judge
KENNEL CLUB CHALLENGE CERTIFICATE - BITCHES
I would like to thank the committee for inviting me to judge, I had a lovely day. With some lovely bitches to go over.
VETERAN (3 - 0 Absent)
1. Downie's Ch KNECHT MERETE. 9 years of age and looking great, lovely black/rust square and totally balanced, beautiful wedge head, correct eye dark and almond shaped, short strong back, excellent front, good spring of rib and plenty of bone and substance, moved and handled very well.
2. Andre's IR CH AMAZON LOVE POTION AT ARBRODIN. 10 years of age, also looking well for her age. Brown/rust with a nice head, correct ear carriage, moved well.
3. Parsons' AMAZON LUVS A RISKY BUSINESS AT OTTIA.
MINOR PUPPY (7 - 1 Absent)
1. Goodwin's SATINEA WHO'S THAT GIRL. Black/rust of 8 months, very smart puppy. Good head, nice topline and tailset, good bone with correct rear quarters, moved and handled well.
2. Quigley, Day & Piper's SWNYDWR SHENANIGANS. Another quality puppy, brown/rust with good head piece, correct ear set, good depth of brisket and nice turn of stifle, moved well.
3. Holmes' ARITAUR SOLITAIRE.
PUPPY (14 - 0 Absent)
1. Ball's OBERSTEIN ARABS FANTASY. Beautiful black/rust young lady, good head shape, eye colour dark, neat earset, lovely straight front. Short coupled with good rear angulation, nice bone and substance and very elegant, moved very well. Well done, BPIS
2. Norman's CRIADERA MISTI ROSE. Another lovely puppy brown/rust with a good head, good length of neck, short back, lovely bone and substance. Good rear quarters, also moved well.
3. Tapply's TUWIN CHINOOK FOR HELDENBURG.
JUNIOR (13 - 0 Absent)
1. Bostock's MAVSON PLUM LAZY. Winner of a very strong class. Black/rust quality bitch with a good head, lovely bone and substance. Straight front, well pronounced sternum, good depth of brisket, short back, very showy and moved well.
2. Gallagher's IZRALIGHT NEW YEAR SPIRIT. Nice head, long neck flowed into short firm topline, tailset correct, moved well.
3. Lloyd & Lloyd's LIEBWACHE SCARLETT HARLOT.
YEARLING (7 - 1 Absent)
1. Bryant's ESTRIDGE LEATHER N LACE. Lovely brown/rust good head , length , strong short back, correct tailset. Moved well.
2. Richardson's TRYSTORME BOOGIE WOOGIE AT JASPRICO. Yet another quality bitch. Good head, long neck flows into correct shoulder with a short strong back, plenty of bone and substance, moved well.
3. Newey's ARITAUR MUSTANG SALLY.
NOVICE (7 - 1 Absent)
1. Somerville's KRIEGER LOVE AFFAIRE. I placed her in a very strong junior class earlier. Nice rich rust, good head, straight front, moved well. Good depth of brisket.
2. Lewis' JOWENDY'S LOVE FOR SALE. She was also placed in a strong class earlier. Slightly longer in loin than winner but has a lovely head, correct earset, dark almond eye, good bone and moved well.
3. White's AMICAL ATHENA.
UNDERGRADUATE (3 - 1 Absent)
1. Mycroft's SUPETA'S WITCHWEEN. Black/rust, good in head, nice dark eye and correct shape. Very square, straight front, brisket deep, plenty of bone and substance, moved ok.
2. Caffel's DOBERWAY CHICKSAW. Nice head, darkest of eye, good bone and substance, also moved ok.
POSTGRADUATE (11 - 2 Absent)
1. RCC Banton's VANHALLEN BLACK VELVET WITH DARKISS. Beautiful black/rust that oozed quality. Her lovely wedge head, correct eye shape and colour, long neck, short sloping topline and correct tailset, straight front with plenty of bone and substance, and so elegant, excellent rear quarters, moved round the ring with drive on a nice loose lead, well done, only her youth stopped her from getting the CC today, good luck for the future.
2. Everley's MANZART LETS DANCE. Another quality bitch, good head and eye shape, eye slightly lighter than winner, beautiful square body, depth of brisket and well pronounced sternum, plenty of bone, good spring of rib, moved also with drive.
3. Feeney's DIEGO DIOR.
LIMIT (12 - 3 Absent)
1. Burree's LIEBWACHE WILD N WICKED. Black/rust with a good head, long neck which flows into correct lay of shoulders, correct sloping topline and tailset, plenty of bone and substance, moved with drive.
2. Hopkinson's OTAGO TAHORA. Another quality bitch with the attributes as winner.
3. McIlroy-Stracey's KRIEGER ILLICIT PROPOSAL.
OPEN (11 - 3 Absent)
1. CC BIS Bostock's SUPETA'S TOP TIP FOR MAVSON. Quality black/rust, excellent headpiece, darkest of eye and almond shaped. Good length of neck, correct sloping topline, plenty of bone and substance. Good spring of rib and in hard condition, moved very well. I understand that the CC I awarded her today makes has a Champion, well done.
2. Fleming & Henderson's CH IR CH ARITAUR HIPNOTIQUE. Another lovely bitch that oozes quality with the same attributes as winner.
3. Lainchbury's CH TRYSTORME IN ASSOCIATION WITH ASLAIN.
Linda Clayton - Judge